Friday, 9 December 2016

Accident | Flash fiction

I lay there, unable to move, wondering what would become of me. Machines bleeping, feet scurrying across the ceramic floor, everything had such urgency about it.

The next thing I remember is waking up from surgery.

Everything had happened so fast, as though time sped up; the lights, the car, the screech of the tires on the tarmac. Then everything slowed right down as I lay on the ground for what seemed like eternity.

Months of recovery gave me a lot of time to think about what’s important: Love, time and those small moments in life that you don’t notice passing by but have the most meaning. Those moments replayed in my head each night when I couldn’t sleep because of the pain from physio earlier, along with all those things I never said, but should have.

127 days later I left the hospital.

That’s where my real story began.


Flash fiction competition
– The story has to be family friendly
– It has to be your own work
– It can be no longer than 150 words

No comments:

Post a Comment