Friday, 3 July 2015

If you don't know what faith is, how do you know if you have it?

Pretty daring subject I suppose... Faith.
If I say to you
'have faith'
what do you think I mean?

Have faith in what?

God?

Karma?

Destiny?

Yourself?

Other people?


I don't think it really matters what you are aiming to have faith in. The thing about faith is that you have to choose to believe something with no concrete evidence.

You have to believe in something enough to not have that belief wavered by the thoughts and opinions of others.

Personally I think a lot of the time faith is something you have just because you need it. Because if everything doesn't happen for a reason then why are you struggling so much?

I had faith once. I kept it for a very long time and through many different rough patches.
I don't know whether I had REAL faith because I let it go. Which brings my theory that having faith in something means not having that belief wavered is already a moot point.
But I have it back. So maybe it was real? Maybe I just lost my way. Maybe it was still there all along and I just lost the will to search for it?

I don't know what happened.
I don't know what it was.
I don't know what it is.

I do know that right now, in this particular phase of my life, I believe that everything happens for a reason.

I hope to keep the faith, even when I have no idea what good could come from what is happening and that it IS for some greater good in the end. Even if it's not for me.

I will fight tooth and nail to keep it because it feels good and what makes you feel good is always worth a battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment