Friday, 19 December 2014

I think... I love you...

So what am I so afraid of?
I'm afraid that I'm not sure of,
The love there is no cure for...
Anyway, enough singing (you gotta admit though, it's a catchy tune).

3 little words that mean?... absolutely nothing.

That's the trouble with words isn't it? You can say anything at all but it doesn't make them true.

Love is what?
The most important thing in life? If you've got it, everything is going to be ok.
The thing that causes the most pain? When you lose it, it hurts like hell.

What does it even mean anyway? If you look at the endless images that come up in Google when you type love in the search bar then you're led to believe that

Seriously, who writes this drivel?

Anyone you begin to date takes over your mind like that. It's new. It's exciting. It's nice to dream and in the throes of passion and that initial excitement it is easy to be sucked in to thinking about your perfect ending and ideal.

Well pack your vagina back in your knickers and get your mojo out of the clouds!

If you dont care, you don't get hurt. Bitter but true.

The more people I meet the more relationship breakdowns I come across and this makes me sad. The words "I think" and "I love you" should never be uttered in the same sentence. If you only think then you're not sure and if it's love you're sure. No question.

I can't understand why people settle for something that isn't perfect. That doesn't fit their life and satisfy their needs emotionally, intellectually and physically.

If it ain't perfect it ain't worth it.

I have spent a fair amount of time believing that you can make yourself not care in a bid to protect yourself, but you can't.

You also can't pretend to settle because at some point you'll cross paths with the kind of person that you should be with whilst pretending that all is ok with someone and you'll realise that all is not well and end up feeling isolated and unhappy.

I wish I could help the people I care about realise what they're worth.

I say this whilst my relationship status lies somewhere between 'it's complicated' and 'just having some fun'. I tell myself that this is ok because I know that this is all there is here. I tell myself lies, because they're just words. I can say anything at all but it doesn't make it true.



No comments:

Post a Comment